Friday 16 March 2012

Getting Started

This is my first post so I just wanted to tell you guys a little about myself and the story behind this Blog. I'm an 18 year old student from Essex in England. I have almost finished college and my life wasn't really going anywhere. I found myself at a dead and didn't know what I was doing with my life and then I had an idea. 


I have always been into music but can't sing or play an instrument so performing never seemed possible however I was at one of my friends birthday parties and the DJ that was there was so poor even my friend Jazz had never heard of some of the songs and she knows pretty much every good track. I saw my opportunity and asked the DJ if I could create a playlist and play it. He agreed and I did, I must say all my tracks got the guys on the dance floor and they all said that the tracks were pretty descent and this is when I decided to take the risk and start DJing.


I started creating my database of music and this took me a while but eventually I had enough tracks to play a party and now all I needed was my equipment. I looked into it and looked on various websites to find out what mixers were the best etc. Anyway I decided I wanted a Newmark and so went to the local DJ store to have a look. I ended up purchasing all I needed and did it for a good price. I will later be doing a complete strip down of my equipment to let you guys know the features of my set and how good it is etc.


You may be asking what makes you different from every other DJ's out there. Well like any good business there is a USP (unique selling point) and my "business" is no different. Firstly I looked at what I didn't like about the DJ's I had seen at parties and decided that the biggest issue is that the people at the parties rarely get the songs played they ask for and I found myself asking for several songs and none of them being played so that's where I thought that I could do a request service which meant that everyone gets what they want and has a good time.


Then I had to come up with the system that would let people easily request tracks. I thought what does everyone have access to and although Facebook seems the most obvious option it isn't very good for businesses whereas Twitter is perfect and so this is how I get requests, people send there requests to me and I can then see whatever people want. I had the idea but I just needed to put it into action. If any of you want to follow me on Twitter then I would be very grateful @DiscoStu999


I will be posting after every party I do and about anything I find interesting so keep having a look and thanks for reading :) if you have any questions then follow me on twitter and DM me or email me at stubags11@hotmail.co.uk and I may even do a post about it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment