Sunday 18 March 2012

My Set Up!

As promised this is a post about my entire set up and exactly what I use. Almost like a review on all the equipment and prices that I got it for. If you have any questions about anything then comment below and i'll get back to you.

Numark CD1
So this is my mixer or in other words how the music is played. I must say this is my favourite piece of equipment and not only because it has the most buttons. I do really love my mixer mainly because I can do a lot with it. When I first got it like any new piece of equipment it does look daunting and if you've ever seen my mixer then you'll know what I mean. But once you get to know it, its pretty good. It has two channels and two inputs in them channels. So what i use is a CD or iPod/laptop for each channel and there is a button on the display that lets me switch between the two. There is a cross fader in the middle that lets me change between the two channels. Without this the change between one song to the other would sound awful.


One of my favourite parts of the mixer and the individual tempo, middle and bass dials. This lets me change the levels for tempo, middle and bass and for anyone who doesn't know what that is, basically makes the voice sound better when singing/rapping and the bass sound better when there is bass. Another great feature is the headphone section. Headphones can be plugged in and you can choose which channel you want to listen to which makes choosing the next track very simple and also will cut down on errors as they are inevitable.

Amplifier
For anyone who doesn't really know much about music, you cant play it through speaker without a medium for it to go through, this could be an amp in my case or a high fi or even the tower of your computer. So I had to buy an amp. The amp limits your volume and if you go too loud then you blow the amp and seen as mine isn't great I cant go to loud. But otherwise it's pretty easy to use, it has a fan so I can go all night. Oh yeah! Anyway it's light too so easy to transport.

Speakers
I have two box speakers and although there not a known make, they are cheap and pretty good so I cant complain, not really much to say about the speakers but there light and very easy to carry around.

So now about pricing. I looked around everywhere for all the products and buying from known retailers just wasn't going to happen as they overcharge so much. So I went to a little dealership in Lakeside and managed to get all of it pretty cheap. For everything it was £350 but obviously I had extra wires and power sockets etc. So probably spent about £400 overall but 3or 4 parties and the money is made back so not too bad.



That's pretty much all I have, I still have to invest in many things, lights are one and may even get a smoke machine which will be cool. I also have my laptop and iPod obviously which lets me get on Twitter to here all your requests but other than that nothing else. So that's my basic set up. I'll probably be posting in a few days don't know what about yet, maybe the music that I play but will only be a short one so yeah check back in a few days. Again thanks for reading.

If your interested in having a party and in the Essex area then just follow me on twitter (@discostu999) or drop me a text and i'll see what I can do. 07599703011

No comments:

Post a Comment