Friday 16 March 2012

My First Set


With any performer or business owner to get started you need a lucky break. Well I got mine a few weeks back. I managed to book in my first party while just talking with and one whom had thought twice about having a DJ due to high costs however I told her I would be able to do it for free as it was my first one. She agreed and trusted me not to ruin her 18th Birthday.

Anyway it came to the big day and I had all my equipment ready to go alongside all my CD’s and posters etc. I packed up the car and was on my way. I’m going to take this opportunity to thank one of my good mates Kieran for helping me in the week leading up to my first set. He helped with a lot of the organisation and on the night gave me a massive confidence boost. He also has a very successful blog and inspired me to start one. Check his out www.diaryofagymenthusiast.blogspot.com .

So Kieran and I arrived at the house and after half an hour were finally set up and ready to go. The sound was great and louder than I first thought it would be. I had run tests but my bedroom is a lot different from a large marquee. Seen as no one had arrived to the party yet I took the opportunity to play around with pitch and individual bass, middle and treble controls. As soon as people started arriving I started to play and people seemed to enjoy the music. The system worked very well and my next blog will be a complete overview of my setup. The request system worked very well also and plenty of people used it and I did play as much as I could but there was very little time and many songs to play.

The party was planned to finish at midnight but when it got to that time we managed to get an extension for an extra 20 minutes which was great as I enjoyed the entire night so having a chance to carry on was awesome. The feedback I got was great and everyone seemed to enjoy the music and the night. I got another booking from this party and unfortunately couldn’t do another as I’m away on holiday. So it must have gone well if people were prepared to use me.

Again thanks for reading and keep up to date as I will be posting every couple of days :)

Please Follow me on Twitter @DiscoStu999

Me and my Pal at My First Set :P

No comments:

Post a Comment